freemuzik
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

freemuzik

Life

首页Latest images搜索注册登录

分享

3rd World Electric - Kilimanjaro Secret Brew

浏览上一个主题 浏览下一个主题 向下 
作者留言
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 332
注册日期 : 12-04-23

3rd World Electric - Kilimanjaro Secret Brew Empty
帖子主题: 3rd World Electric - Kilimanjaro Secret Brew   3rd World Electric - Kilimanjaro Secret Brew Icon_minitime周三 四月 25, 2012 11:34 am

3rd World Electric - Kilimanjaro Secret Brew A38E957E7F8BE96A471ED290BEABD65E_340_340
Genre: Fusion, Jazz-Rock, Progressive Rock
Label: Reingold Records
Quality: Flac
Recording Date: 2009

When I heared this album 2 years ago I said to myself is Wheater Report still alive!!! I guess not, but what this band named 3rd Electric World offer here is a great tibute to the glory days when Weather Report was at the pick of their career (Black market, Heavy weather era). A bunch of world known and skilful musicians are involved here, all are top notch to the instruments they play, Roine Stolt, Jonas Reingold , Lalle Larsson, Dave Weckl, Zoltan Czorsz and little known to me Karl-Martin Almqvist. The CD didgipak format released in 2009 at Jonas Reingold label simply named Reingold comes with a great cover art that goes hand in hand with the music inside. Jazz fusion like in the mid to late '70's with lots of sax interludes beside traditional instruments, some congas added to give a unique atmosphere, this album named Kilimanjaro secret brew was a pleasent ride for me. Because I'm a fan of Weather Report , this album was instantly accepted by me, catchy passages, groovy bass line, some great keyboards coming from one of the most talend keybordist in last decade, and inventive druming. Maybe the creativity of the music and overall arrangements bring nothing new in this scene, but I don't think this release really disappoints at all. Pieces like Capetown traffic is instant catchy and I could swear that this album was made in the glory days of jazz fusion '70's. I like very much the bass lines and how easy Jonas Reingold handle the instrument, he can plays aswell very good in a progressive metal band like An endless sporadic as here, quite diffrent typs of music, and very diffrent then Karmakanic and The Flowers King aswell, in each band he is quite special and very confident in his abilities as musician. Back to the album, I really like what I've heared here, is by no means groundbreaking, but is pleasent from start to finish and I like this kind of jazz fusion a lot.
progarchives.com (Review by b_olariu)

Roine Stolt: Guitars, Rhodes, Minimoog, Clavinet, Percussion
Jonas Reingold: Fender & Warmoth Basses, Additional Synth
Lalle Larsson: Piano, Rhodes & Synth
Karl-Martin Almqvist: Tenor & Soprano Saxophones
Dave Weckl: Drums
Zoltan Czorsz: Drums
Ayi Solomon: Congas, Shakers & Percussion

1. Waterfront migration. 7:48
2. Ode to Joe. 4:54
3. CapeTown traffic. 5:35
4. Downbeat Daka. 6:16